Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

All around a great day at Blue Lake!



I arrived to Blue lake at 9 this morning too sunny weather and had high hopes of catching my limit of trout. Too my delight the trout were quite active so Skyler and I caught our limit within an hour! So we decide to set out a carp rod. Skylers Lamiglas Indian River proved itself to us that day. We were distracted by these MONSTER bluegills that we were catching on small plastic Berkley power grubs, I hear the drag of my Shimano Sahara SCREAMING like a cat, I drop my rod and sprint over there and set the hook! Good thing I had #30 High-Vis braid on otherwise I would have lost the fish when it dug itself into the weeds. After a short battle Skyler netted it and we got it in! 8lbs not bad for the first one of the year!
Man vs Fish.
Man won.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, George, looks like you got into some good fishing. Nice Carp, young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey goerge this is stan can u tell me all the rigs u use for carp and the line LB

    ReplyDelete